Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!!!

It's January and it's raining. This is not normal! We spent the day bailing water out of our basement/window wells, buying a sump pump, bailing enough water out to set in the sump pump, etc., etc., etc., We probably pumped 50 gal. of water out of one of the window wells. The ground is so frozen from our single digit temperatures last week, and now it's been raining for 2 days straight. Bad combination! We were supposed to have some friends over for a game night tonight and ended up cancelling because we didn't know if we'd still be bailing water. On the upside, the smog is gone so now our lungs won't be screaming during our runs.

Chip had the day off yesterday so I took the day off from studying. We went snowshoeing up the backside of Ben Lomond Peak in the morning and went to see Grand Torino in the afternoon. It was a great movie with a great message but had horrible language. I must say that Clint Eastwood looks pretty amazing for 81 years old!

Next week I have my first Chemistry exam and a Biomed exam. Chemistry is kicking my *#@ but I will persevere...as I have no choice. I am practically on a first name basis with my professor after only three weeks because I e-mail him with questions so frequently. It helps that our friend is the Dean of the College and Science and, therefore, his boss. Yes, I have played this card because I am desperate for the help! I have no pride when it comes to Chemistry or Math.

My friend e-mailed me about the possibility of joining a small book group. I was so excited about the idea and find myself getting more enthused by the minute. I have really missed being in a book group. I was in a book group when Caitlin and Sam were small and it was such a nice outlet . I love nothing more than reading a good book and discussing it with other book lovers. It's always fascinating to hear other people's perspective and helps me broaden my own.

Well, it's off to take some Ibuprofen for sore back muscles and then to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment