Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School, Back to Work We Go

Well...the party's over and Christmas Break is officially done. Three of us returned to school today and Chip returned to work after a two week vacation. Caitlin and Sam only have two weeks left in the quarter, so of course the teachers will be piling on the work the next ten days or so. (I'm not sure when they'll realize this grim fact!) This will be the end of the semester with some new classes beginning and I think they're both ready for a change.

Today was the first day of my second semester at Weber. This semester I'm taking the second half of my Biomedical Core class and a Chemistry series that covers Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry. Both have labs that accompany them. January 15th is the deadline for early application to the Nursing program so I've been busy getting all my paperwork together for that. I won't find out the results until sometime in March. I'm not overly optimistic that I'll get accepted this year as it's an extremely competitive program. So, if I don't, I'm hoping to find a C.N.A. job with a Hospice or Home Health agency, take my pathophysiology class this summer and apply to the Nursing program again the following year. I can't help but believe the experience of actually working in a health care setting would be a feather in my cap the following year when I apply as well as incredible experience for when I am in nursing school. So, either way, accepted or not this March, I feel I have a game plan and some direction.

It's snowing like crazy and is COLD!!! Yesterday when I ran it was 3 above. Now, I know to our family in Iowa and Montana that probably sounds downright balmy but it was downright cold. This morning wasn't any warmer and all I can say is I'M READY FOR SPRING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with school Laura. I am very proud of you and I am sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning the temp was -23. Needless to say I jogged at the gym on the treadmill. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete