Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Down, Three to Go

I took my first of four Chemistry exams of the semester today. I did okay, but not great. I hate these tests with only 30 or so questions; if you miss a few your grade drops drastically to a B+ or a B. I like those tests with 100 questions where you can miss 10 and still get an A! Unfortunately, I was not able to review the exam to see which ones I missed, however, I can bet they involved math. It's amazing to me what a block I have with Chemistry and I KNOW it dates back 25 years ago when I took it and did so poorly. I lost my confidence. I really enjoy my Biomed class and I totally get it. Although you do need a basic knowledge of Chemistry to understand the concepts in Biomed, Chemistry itself just seems to elude me.

It was a very cold run this morning...11 degrees, but it was absolutely beautiful. Although there's no moon, it was so bright because of the newly fallen snow. I just love running in the dark and the quiet. Both Chip and I would rather get up at 5:00 (4:00 for Chip) to run than wait until later in the morning. Being alone, outside, in the dark is a good time and place to think.

We received a mailing today from Ogden Symphony and Ballet and there's a ballet production of Madame Butterfly coming in February. Caitlin and I are so there!

Sam started Science this semester and is really enjoying it. His teacher is "cool" and seems to be able to teach in a way that really engages the kids. I'm glad. Science is fascinating, but if it's taught the wrong way it can be so BORING!

My Book Group is on! February 18th is the first meeting and we'll decide which books we're going to read. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there with chemistry. I know you have a lot of bad memories of chemistry, but I'm sure you will do fine.

    I hope to finally get serious about some photography. I am starting a web site and going to start to do some senior portraits. I figure if they don't like them they can go somewhere else. Unlike a wedding, where it is a once in a lifetime event (hopefully). It's not complete, but it is at photosbypalmer.webs.com. I'm still trying to figure out how much to charge for senior pictures. It is not unusual for people to spend $200-600 out here.

    Good luck with school.

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete