Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Beautiful Winter Day







Today is one of those beautiful winter days we get in Utah. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and it's a comfortable temperature, probably in the 40's. Chip and I went snowshoeing at North Fork today and had a great time. We worked hard to get a picture of the two of us and ended up tying our camera to a tree branch. Chip would set the automatic timer and then ever so carefully (which is not easy in snow shoes) try to get in the picture without hitting the branch and make the camera swing. We were successful, after a few attempts. I think we even got a little sunburned. It was great. I think next Friday we'll head back up there for some cross country skiing.
The kids have been home since Friday and don't go back to school until Tuesday, which is the beginning of a new semester. Sam gives up Art and P.E. for Science and Keyboarding (hardly a fair exchange!) and Caitlin gives up Psychology and Sports Marketing (not to mention 2 of the hottest teachers in the school...her words) for Sports Nutrition and C.S.I. (yes, the electives for Sophomores are lacking!)

I turned in my application for nursing school last week, just in time for the early application deadline. Of course, as I took it into the Health Sciences Building, I passed classrooms and hallways full of fresh faced, energetic, young, people also on the quest for the nursing program (and other health related programs) and thought to myself..."What the *&#@ are you doing?" So, my confidence is somewhat stunted right now, but that's okay. Tomorrow's a new day!

We went to a movie on Friday and saw Valkerie (sp?), the movie about the assassination attempt on Hitler. Three of us liked it, but Caitlin ended up leaving about half-way through and going into the next theatre to watch the rest of Bride Wars. There were a couple of moments in the movie that were so intense I almost joined her!

Sam is having a bunch of friends sleep over tonight and we're going to my mom's house to watch a movie and eat soup, our usual Sunday night tradition with the folks. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment