Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Shoes.....Ahhhhh

I broke out my new running shoes today and felt like I was running on air this morning. There's nothing better than the feel of new shoes....the cushion, the support, the pretty white color....ah it's great. It's one of those simple joys of life, I suppose. Chip and I go through a pair about every 3 months. I, however, seem to start to feel the effects of shoe breakdown at about 2-1/2 months. My knee and low back start to bother me and my IT band flares up. These symptoms go away almost automatically after retiring my old pair and putting on a new pair.

Leo REALLY seems to be doing better. I am attributing this to the Rimadyl. He is actually lifting his leg to go to the bathroom, which I haven't seen him do for a while, and he seems better able to accomplish the task at hand now than he was a week ago. I told a friend recently that I haven't been this focused on anyone's urinary and bowel habits since my kids were little. We haven't heard from Dr. Penrod about the neuro consult as of yet, so Chip is calling her today.

We have been dealing with flooding issues in our basement....again. Tuesday afternoon I was standing by the stairs and heard the dreaded sound of water running in the basement. After tearing down the stairs my worst fears were confirmed and there was about 2-3 ft. of water in one of the window wells and of course it was coming into the house in a nice, steady stream. Actually, it was pouring into the basement. The kids rallied around and helped as I bailed out who knows how much water out of the window well and got the sump pump set up. Cloe and Leo thought it was a big adventure and were ever so happy to have us all out in the backyard with them. They were splashing through the water I was dumping, slurping it up as I poured it out, and pretty much having a grand old time. Cloe has a deflated soccer ball she plays with, which she promptly dropped into the window well with me. Of course, I threw it out to get it out of the way....you can guess the rest of the story. She thought we were having a fabulous game of fetch as I was trying to bail the water out, and kept dropping the ball back in for me to play, sometimes with it landing on my head. I finally got smart (I guess that's the word for it...maybe common sense is the more appropriate word) and just left the ball down in the window well with me. Ah, kids and pets make everything more interesting, don't they? Even dealing with a flooded basement can become an adventure :)

Well, I really should be studying for my Chemistry exam that's scheduled for Saturday. I'm avoiding it by blogging instead. I took my Biomed exam yesterday and was happy with the results, especially considering it was supposedly the most challenging unit this semester. I will say that learning about the urinary system was challenging and I have a new appreciation for my kidneys. Well...off to study the dreaded Chemistry beast.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever in your wildest dreams think you'd be telling the whole world that your dog lifts his leg to pee and it beings you happiness? Isn't blogging great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the running shoes. Congratulations on your exam and Leo's improvement. Sorry to hear about your basement. As with you that is my worst nightmare. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete